Data Ready Entrepreneur Support Organizations
Powered by the Global Entrepreneurship Research Network (GERN)
A significant variance exists in the ability of ESOs to effectively monitor their performance and impact on the ecosystems in which they work. To respond this, the GEN Data Community is on a mission to help develop templates ESOs can use to collect data from their entrepreneurs going forward.
GEN invites you to be part of this community of practice, which will continually share insights about minimally viable datasets which program leaders need to collect to measure their performance.
The driving question for this participatory discussion will be: how can entrepreneur support organizations (ESOs) can transcend data-related barriers?
Members of the GENÂ Data Community will also address:
- What data should ESOs collect from the entrepreneurs that go through their programs, in order track overall program performance?
- What are the weaknesses of self-reported data from entrepreneurs? What makes for validated data?
- How can ESOs ensure data privacy, especially in contexts where data protection laws have not been implemented?
- What is the minimum budget ESOs leaders need to plan to measure their impact? What support structures need to be in place for simple M&E approaches to measuring performance?
- Third-party support: Which research organizations can be potential partners for ESOs to share anonymized entrepreneur data, and receive analyses in return?