Pedro Felipe Buitrago Restrepo
Felipe is a creative (orange) economy expert, based in Bogota, Colombia, currently performing as Economic and Strategic Councillor to the President of Colombia. Felipe has over 16 years of relevant experience on public policy, international negotiations, research, and cooperation and capacity building.
Some of his contributions include:
Developing the Colombian Satellite Account of Culture of Colombia; the first in the world.
Designing and negotiating the Colombian Cultural Reserve in the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, establishing the model followed by the country afterwards
Authoring or contributing to the following documents:
– Creative Industries Mapping of Bogota and Soacha (2002) – Co-author
– Economic Impact of the Cultural Industries in Colombia (2003) – Contributor
– Guide to Produce Regional Mappings of the Creative Industries (2005) – Contributor
– Art and Part: Entrepreneurship manual for cultural enterprises and creative industries (2005) – Contributor
Creative Lebanon (2008) – Contributor
– A Tanzania for the Creatives (2009)-Co-author
– T-shirts and Suits (2009) – translation to Spanish
– Una Ventana a la Economia Creativa de Valparaiso (2010) – Co-author
– The Orange Economy: An Infinite Opportunity (2013) – Co-author
– Arts & the Workforce (2015) – Author
– The No Collar Economy: Digital Revolution and Exponential Change (2017) – Co-author
– Fintechgración – a platform to understand the opportunities of digital technologies for the financial industry (ongoing since 2016) – Creator of the platform and author of three papers
– Acción: Una ruta al emprendimiento naranja (2019) – Co-author
Prior to his current responsibilities, Felipe was director of TICTAC -a think tank on ICT-, consultant at the Inter-American Development Bank's -IDB- Culture, Solidarity and Creativity Affairs Division, director of ODAI -a think tank on Copyright, Developing Creative Economies programme manager at the British Council, and Economy and Culture coordinator at the Ministry of Culture of Colombia.