Meet SLUDTERA's Founder and President Michelle N. Samuel. Michelle is a woman of faith, a devoted mother and an advocate for change. She grew up in a single-parent home raised by her mother a skilled and educated teacher.
Growing up into adulthood, Michelle constantly saw things which needed to be mended, fixed, adjusted and changed. She was not a woman who stand idly by, and see someone fail, while others simply stood around muttering under bated breath awaiting disaster. There was always a compel to do more.
As an Entrepreneur, Michelle's quest for wanting to evoke change didn't waver. In 2017 with strength the Lord provided, Michelle founded SLUDTERA, a social enterprise with a mission to improve communities, provide people access to employment, and to help the environment through education, training, and entrepreneurship. What did she see that needed to change? The high unemployment rate. The organization's main focus is on Youth, the unemployed, marginalized individuals (disabled, ex-offenders) and Entrepreneurs. Michelle was also on a mission, to let these individuals know that they were not alone, and by God's grace and with their trust in Him, they could make a change in their lives.
Michelle has since become as inspirational Entrepreneur, who was chosen to represent St. Lucia in a five-week Fellowship called the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative Program (YLAI), which she describes as â€œextremely enlighteningâ€. Michelle was very busy associating herself with key stakeholders and making valuable connections.
She explains: â€œI can translate it to a moth living its life thinking that the light bulb it's hovering around is the furthest it can get, only to discover how vastly unexplored its surroundings have been, and that the world's biggest light source is the sun. â€œSo in an ambitious effort of guts and grit, with faith, it ventures out to learn all it can in order to come back to the other moths desperately trying to get a turn to hover around the light bulbâ€.
Michelle has since embarked on several initiatives, which all aim to assist those very people who her organization was founded for;
– The Entrepreneurship Readiness Program
– Startup Huddle St. Lucia
– Recognition Ceremony of the Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition
– The Next Big Inventor Competition
– Jazz in The Gardens (#JazzInTheGardens/#JITG 758)
– 2017 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative Professional Fellow
– 2018 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative Recruitment Ambassador to St. Lucia
– Member of The Royal Commonwealth Society International Network
– Fellow at Kauffman FastTrac
– Member of the Global Innovation Through Science and Technology Initiative (GIST
– Member at MIT Climate CoLab
– Member of the International Women's Writing Guild (IWWG)
– Member of the Entrepreneurship Campus Community (Youth Citizen
– Member of the International Exchange Alumni (IEA)
– Community Member at 1 Million Cups Kansas City (#1MCKC)
– Member of the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN Global)
– Member of the Microsoft Cloud Society
– Member of the YLAI Network
– Member of the Youth Advisory Group at Youth Lead – Youth Power Learning
– Member of Youth Lead
– Judge for the 2018 Young Women Transform Grant Competition
– Junior Judge for the 2018 Queenâ€™s Commonwealth Essay Competition
– Promoter of the Queenâ€™s Commonwealth Essay Competition in St. Lucia
– Head Organizer of Startup Huddle St. Lucia
– Managing Partner of the Next Big Inventor Competition
– Informal Startup Huddle Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN)*
Praise be to God my Father in Heaven for it all! For I am nothing without Him- Michelle N. Samuel